Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Montreal Weekend

My husband, Butch, and I spent Labor Day weekend in Montreal, Canada. We met up with our friends, Arnel & Josie, who brought along their friend, Thel, and her son, Matthew. Arnel suggested Montreal for it's old world architectures and coble stone streets.

First stop was the Notre Dame Basilica. Such a magnificent Church. Heard it is very beautiful inside, unfortunately we were not able to go inside because there was a long line and the others are not quite interested in going in anyways. I still regret that I did not insist in going inside.


Place Jacques-Cartier  is a public square in true European tradition where people gather to sit on patios, browse the wares of local artists and craftspeople and otherwise mingle [about.com]



The Montréal Botanical Garden, located just minutes from downtown Montréal, right near the Biodôme and Olympic Park, offers a world of colors and fragrances for visitors to enjoy. Ranked as one of the largest of its kind in the world, the Montréal Botanical Garden is a veritable living museum of plants from the four corners of the Earth. [about.com]

Our favorites: the Chinese Gardens and the Japanese Gardens



The weekend was oh so tiring with all the walking, but oh so fun!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Chubskulit Rose October 9, 2010 at 11:58 PM  

Hi Aimee, it's nice to meet you through Our Weekend Memoirs. I am now following your blog, hope you can visit Nostalgic Marveling.

Hazel October 10, 2010 at 12:28 AM  

Those are quite sights to see. I love churches too. The guitar guy looks charming.

Jenn Valmonte October 10, 2010 at 3:50 AM  

The church looks so beautiful! I love all the pictures you posted.

My OWM post:
Bulog Island in Coron, Palawan

Ebie October 10, 2010 at 1:38 PM  

Aimee, thanks for your participation at OWM.

Love your collage of photos showing the different places you visited. The church is so beautiful!

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ October 10, 2010 at 9:47 PM  

I hope I can visit Montreal next Summer, looks like a nice place for a vacation. Nice Photos and thanks for sharing. :)

Our Weekend Memoirs

Blog Archive

GUESTS OF HONOR

About Me

My photo
Loves to visit new places both near and far, take pictures, and create digital scrapbook pages.
cultivate a good life by Becky Higgins

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP